Tuesday 19 January 2016

Temporary & Disposable Email / SMS List

Sometimes it is very useful to have a temporary email address which you will be only using briefly. I admit it, I personally use these disposable email providers because I need to download for example a free whitepaper or register to an online form that I know I won't be using again in the future for a very long time and I don't want to get bombarded with advertising material afterwards (or have my email shared with undisclosed third-parties).

Before I move on telling you about the temporary/disposable email addresses, let me point out another interesting online service that sometimes might come in handy. These are temporary mobile numbers to receive actual text messages (aka SMS). There are websites which allow you to receive an SMS online and won't parse or modify the content. (Yes, this means you can do XSS if you manage to fit your JavaScript code within one SMS.) Basically, the only thing you need to do is to look for the country you want the SMS to be sent to, and pick an available number from the list. 

I am surprised to see that major companies in the information security community don't maintain a black-list of these temporary emails and public phone numbers for SMS messages, at least the same way Google does. Google knows these temporary/disposable email addresses and publicly accessible phone numbers for SMS, and won't allow you to use them when registering for a new gmail account. 

So, I have done the hard work for you. Instead of listing the websites where you can go get a temporary/disposable email (for example, see here or use a search engine), I am listing all the domains being used by these websites that offer temporary/disposable email addresses. (its too much work to list all the phone numbers as well and by the way, these are modified/change too often to put them in a static list similar to the temporary/disposable email domains).

This information is fully up-to-date today (19/Jan/2016) and I will try to update it again as often as it is possible. Of course, if you find any domain used for such purpose which is not on my list, feel free to contact me and I will be happy to update the list. I believe this list is good to be shared among the infosec community, so anyone who might have a domain or domains to add, will be able to do so. 

You can find all these hundreds of domain names in this PDF FileFollow me on Twitter (@drgfragkos) and let me know if you found this list useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment